Wednesday, July 13, 2011

ALL about SHALS

Eeek! My sister in style, Shala Monroque (a.k.a. "Shals"), is the proverbial centerfold in NET-A-PORTER's weekly online mag and I couldn't be more thrilled!!!


The leading luxury e-tailer (and my former employer) dissects her enviable style and sway she has in fashion, and gives me more reasons to raid her closet. Color, prints, texture, Prada, Prada, Prada: this is the stuff her closet is made of.


It's so wonderful to see a woman of color ahead of the motherlovin' game and making an impression. But I couldn't help but zero-in on her comment on her relationship to famed gallerist, Larry Gagosian.



As she puts it: "When I started going out with Larry it put me in a different sphere. I met Dasha Zhukova at an event and my fashion career took off from there. Miuccia Prada is a great friend to me too." That comment may get some tongues a waggin', but I get it: Shala is not only deft at style, but she's a bit of a tactician.


Again, not judging, but actually jotting down notes like a dutiful little sister from another mister should...!

No comments:

Post a Comment