Monday, July 4, 2011

...an HONEST WOMAN of her YET


My, my, my...how far Ms. Moss has come along in her taste in men, no? Remember Pete Doherty? Remember their Sid & Nancy coke scandal? Yeah, seems like eons ago when you look at Kate's wedding pictures to rocker, Jamie Hince


But I will say, it kind of gives me hope when supermodels have trouble in the love department. Girl is 37 and just walking down the aisle...I can re-set my biological clock.


Kate of course entered into matrimony in true form: as cool and disaffected as any bride could be. Bedecked in John Galliano (yeah, the racist one), she took to her English country estate for the weekend-long celebration. A bacchanal of sorts.

Stella McCartney was in attendance, of course. I mean, who else would be there to design the bride an ill pant-suit for her reception? So was Jude Law and Sadie Frost, Frost being the resident yenta who set Kate up with her man-man. Jade Jagger, too : so, the usual gorgeous suspects.

I'm not sure where the gamine registered, but I am happy for her and her little girl--even if my invite got lost in the mail.


I of course got to thinking about my own big day and I hope to be somewhere in a field in Rhode Island with 50 guests present: 25 on my side, 25 on his. Vera Wang most likely will design my form-fitting gown, cut on the bias, while Stella McCartney will have designed me a wide-leg jumpsuit for the reception (an homage to Bianca Jagger, of sorts), which will most likely take place in a tent or a renovated barn. Just lots of food, drinks, singing, and the electric slide for my mother's sake.



Ah, ain't love grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment