Monday, June 13, 2011

a CYBORG realized


...Those smokin' Givenchy hot pants aside, was it just me, or did "macroeconomics" immediately come to mind when you heard Beyonce's new track, "Run This World (Girls)"?! I just figured that that may be the only way women could actually run the world: through a dominant role in economics.

But again, that just may be me.

Anyway, reductionist feminism has always rubbed me in the wrong way, so I mostly cringed through her video for the track. However, I did appreciate the hyenas: nice touch!


Too bad "4" is going to blow. As my friend put it, Beyonce will always be chasing the success of "Crazy In Love" and "Single Ladies" for the rest of her career.

In hot shorts and heels, no less.

3 comments:

  1. So the hyenas were the good part of the video for you. I'm still searching...And I concur on the hotpants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hyenas but hate the message. The hotpants are out of controllllll...where can I grab a knock-off?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but people were probably saying she will always been trying to chase the success of Crazy in Love before Single Ladies came out.

    ReplyDelete