Thursday, June 30, 2011

A SUMMER essential?

Besides cab fare? My Opening Ceremony by Chloe Sevigny wooden platforms.

With a certain Marni-esque quirk about them, they are six inches of bad assnesssssssss!



I wear these bad girls just about everywhere and you can kind of tell. They will need a cleaning sometime soon, but how will my trusty cobbler ever pry them from my feet?!

I love how I subtly tower over the crowd in these and they are perfectly suited for about every occasion. Appointments with clients...shopping excursions...trips to the bodega for milk.

But I'm curious--because I talk so d*mn much--what's your summer essential?

3 comments:

  1. Black Ray Ban Warefarers
    White Jack Purcells
    Camouflage shorts
    Crisp white tees
    Khaki cargo shorts
    Nantucket red shorts

    My new fire engine red, distressed Chuck Taylor laceless slip-ons. Too clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I love your take on neo-prep for the warmer days. I think you should look to Fiat heir, Lapo Elkann, for some even greater ideas: i love his play on color, his signature slippers, and aloof aristocratic look. He revamps classics in very unexpected ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Lapo. He kills color. Shreds and destroys it. I'm not an aristocrat though, well, I am at Morehouse. I approach my preppy style from the Lakehill dress code/Dad/my time at UGA/Morehouse's rigidity and natural cool/Howard's urbanity. That's where my preppy style comes from. I don't know how else to describe it, but I know it when I see it.

    ReplyDelete